About

The buildings that house Olivers of Clyde were first established in 1869 by merchant Benjamin Naylor and now comprise one of Central Otago’s most significant heritage landmarks with a Category 1 Heritage New Zealand listing.

Originally called the Victoria Store, Naylor saw financial opportunity in provisioning the many miners that flocked to the region’s goldfields. Over the next 140 years the buildings served Clyde as a grocery store, a drapery, a veterinary clinic, a family residence, a B&B accommodation and a restaurant.

""Well designed, contemporary dining in superbly restored historic building.""

Helen, Timaru

Read more reviews